If for some reason you are unable to watch the video above, you can watch it on YouTube here.
For those of us who need to get our workout in but do not have the luxury of a full hour, today’s yoga video is a short but effective one that focuses on a mix of cardio, strength and flexibility. Unlike most cardio-based workouts, yoga is one of the best low impact exercises that is still as effective in getting you to your fat burn zone fast.
This is a balanced workout that is best done in the morning when you want to wake your body up and be energized for the rest of the day. On days when I get bored with the monotony of running or cardio, I like to do this sequence to sweat, tone and stretch the muscles.
Below is a quick overview of the sequence we will be going through:
- Sun salutation A
- Sun salutation B
- Warrior 2
- Reverse warrior
- Extended side angle – do this with or without the bind, depending on your shoulder flexibility
- Triangle pose
- Half-moon pose – you can challenge your balance with sugarcane pose but holding your ankle of the lifted foot
- IT band stretch
- Crescent lunge and reverse crescent lung
- Hand to big toe pose
- Change your hands into revolved hand to big toe pose – you can bend your knees especially if you feel your back rounding
- Eagle pose
- Transition to warrior 3 while keeping eagle arms
- Fallen triangle – challenge your strength by keeping your foot above the ground
- Wild thing
- Camel pose
- Seated forward fold
- Plow pose
- Fish pose
Related: Best back strengthening exercises for back pain + Cheatsheet
This yoga workout goes through many asanas and is deliberately paced faster than the usual Hatha based flows. So remember that you can always press the pause button and take a break in child’s pose at any time you need a break.
So unroll your mat and give your body that quick energy boost with this yoga workout before you start your day!
Please subscribe to my channel for new videos: http://bit.ly/candytym
Shop Yoga Accessories: https://shop.theyogamad.com
Pin for later
The YogaMad is founded by Mila, an avid yogini who is passionate about inspiring others to live their best lives while finding mind-body-soul balance. She has a background in business consulting but has left the corporate world in her quest to live out her dreams as a yoga nomad.