Who we are
We use your Personal Information only for providing and improving the Site. By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of information in accordance with this policy.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect several different types of information for different purposes to provide and improve our website and services to you.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam
Contact forms and Email Opt Ins
When using our website, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information which can be used to contact or identify you. Such personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use these data to contact you with marketing or promotional materials, newsletters and other information that may be of interest to you. For any communications that you have consented to receive, you can opt out of receiving any further communications at any time following the unsubscribe link or contact Candy Chan at email@example.com.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the
visitor has visited the other website.
tracking your interaction with the embedded content if you have an account and are logged in to that website.
How your information may be used?
We may use the collected information for various purposes:
- To maintain and operate the website
- To allow you to interact through the website when you choose to do so
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the website, and customize the website for your account
- To inform you of administrative changes or notices such as updates on policies, confirmation emails, administrative emails
- To send you information and marketing communications such as newsletters unless you have opted out of such communications
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide user support;
- To gather analysis and information that would allow us to improve our website or services
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity
Legal Basis To Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We may process your personal data because:
- You have given us your consent to do so
- We need to perform a legal transaction or contract with you
- Processing of this data is in our legitimate interests and is not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
If you disagree or have any further questions regarding this legal basis, please contact Candy Chan at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will stop
processing your data on this legal basis.
Data protection rights related to your personal information
If you wish to be informed what personal information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our website, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access, update or to remove information we have on you – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to access, amend, update or remove personal information
- Object – You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- Withdraw consent – You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where The YogaMad relied on your consent to process your personal information.
- Restriction – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- Data portability – You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a machine-readable and commonly used format.
Access, update or to remove information we have on you – you may contact us at email@example.com to access, amend, update or remove personal information
How long we retain your data
will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with the law, resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user
profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Transfer of Data
Please note that your information, including personal data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
If we choose to sell the Site and all of its assets, or if it is acquired by another business, your personal data may be transferred. By using this website, you acknowledge that such transfers may occur and that any acquirer of this
Disclosure For Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
In such cases, we may disclose your Personal Data if such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation or protect against legal liability
- To protect and defend the rights or property of website
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing linked to the website
- To protect the personal safety of users of website or the public
Third-party use of personal information
We may share your information with third parties when you give consent for us to share your information. In addition, the website may use third-party companies and / or individuals to service parts of the website. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party companies to monitor and
analyze the use of our website. We use Google Analytics –
this service tracks website sage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the website. Google Analytics may also capture your IP address but no other personal information is captured.
Please visit Google Privacy & Terms web page for more information: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
users’ visit to the Site or other websites on the internet.
Links to Other Sites
The Site is not intended for anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”. If you are under the age of 18, please do not visit or interact with this website in any way or provide any information to us.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and are aware that your child has
provided us with personally identifiable data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our systems.
We will let you know via email and/or a notice on our website, prior to the change becoming effective. We will
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: https://theyogamad.com/privacy-policy/
[Last Updated: 14 May 2021]